23/03/2016 @ 09:30 – 13:30
Piazza Manfredo Fanti, 47, 00185 Roma (Acquario Romano)
Piazza Manfredo Fanti
47, 00185 Roma
There will be four tables speaking Italian and two tables speaking English. Morning open assembly with Yanis Varoufakis. We aim to have a discussion on the perspective of DiEM25 in Europe and in Italy, and then isolate a list of priority actions for the key thematic areas behind the future work of the movement.
9.30 – 10.30 Presentation of DiEM25 and its manifesto by Yanis Varoufakis, followed by an open discussion with the participants in plenary. Introduction of the topics for the table, table objectives and explain the method.
10.30 – 11.15 Participatory round tables on the six themes DiEM25 will work on in 2016. What list of priorities should the movement have under each of these issues?
The themes are:
1. Democracy: “A Democratic European Constitution from Cities to EU institutions” [ENG]
2. Migration: “Open Europe: Migration, Refugees and Solidarity” [ITA]
3. Jobs: “Labour, its values and Redistribution of income” [ITA]
4. Transparency: “A prerequisite to Europe’s democratisation” [ENG]
5. Environment: “Green Transition: towards a Green New Deal” [ITA]
6. Finance: “Rebuilding a Fair Finance System” [ITA]
Tables in English: Democracy and Transparency
Tables in Italian: Migration, Jobs, Environment and Finance
11.15 – 11.30 BREAK
11.30 – 12.15 Group discussion about DiEM25 inItaly
12.15 – 12.45 Report of results (5 minutes/table)
12.45 – 13.30 Group discussion with Yanis Varoufakis feedback about the proposals and open discussion with the participants.
13.30 CLOSING SESSION
Do you want to be informed of DiEM25's actions? Sign up here.