In February 2016, a group of activists, thinkers, and agitators gathered together in Berlin’s Volksbühne theatre and vowed to shake Europe.
Four years on, our movement is rumbling around the globe, with more than 120,000 members and more than 170 Spontaneous Collectives (DSCs) worldwide.
DiEM25 local groups are sprouting everywhere across the world to address Europe’s crisis of democracy. DiEM25 local groups are not only marching in the street for a Green New Deal for Europe but discussing how to turn policy into action.
And in Greece, we made history with our Greek Electoral Wing, MeRA25, by entering the Greek Parliament, with nine MPs, on our very first attempt!
Many doubt us. The establishment fears us. But in the course of four years, we have shown that it is possible for the people of Europe to come together in the fight for democracy.
In the face of growing authoritarianism around the globe and the Establishment’s contempt for ordinary people in favour of economic interests, the fight for democracy is more important than ever.
We count on you to help us make it happen!
Our radical, utopian journey continues
- DiEM25 local groups in Lisbon and Oeiras got together to plan how to build the movement in Portugal
- DiEM25 local group in Porto organised a series of events under the banner Carpe DiET – Democracy for European Tummies
- Held the third DiEM25 Academy in Cologne to boost a citizen takeover of the European institutions next May
- Pamela Anderson joined DiEM25 co-founder Srećko Horvat to promote our Green New Deal for Europe
- Organised a campaign on International Women’s Day to fight the right’s war on women
- Published a press release on the situation in Algeria
- Organised A Citizen Take-Over of the EU Institutions at BOZAR in Brussels ahead of the May European Parliament elections
- Launched historic transnational alliance to compete in the 2019 European Parliament election
- Published a statement on the Chile protests
- DiEM25 co-founder Srećko Horvat spoke at pro-Assange event in London [watch video]
- DiEMers from all over the world voted for the top proposals to be discussed at our DiEM25 Assembly in Prague
- Published a statement on the situation in Kashmir
- More than 300 DiEM25 activists gathered in Prague to help define DiEM25’s strategy to take on the EU Establishment