As Europeans, we are too often forced to choose between two dreadful options: retreat into the cocoon of our nation-states, or surrender to the Brussels democracy-free zone.
But we know an alternative exists, and you have joined DiEM25 to participate to its simple yet radical objective: to democratise Europe by 2025 at the latest.
It is now time for our first pan-European Campaign TRANSPARENCY IN EUROPE NOW!, which will aim at demanding that all EU-level decision-making be exposed to European citizens’ gaze. We shall demand that meetings of the European Council, ECOFIN, Eurogroup, FTT, ESM etc. become accessible to Europeans. Additionally, we plan to expose the opacity of decision-making processes that have a capacity to ban democracy for a very, very long time (e.g. the current TTiP negotiations).
We cordially invite you to the DiEM25 Assembly: Transparency in Europe Now! which will take place in Rome – 23 March 2016.
This event is organised together with European Alternatives, Piroetta and Talk Real and will mark the launch of this campaign and simultaneously launch the DiEM25 movement in Italy. Here’s how you can take part:
- Attend in person. Tickets are limited, so reserve yours and come to Rome on March 23rd (Piazza Manfredo Fanti, 47) to contribute with your voice to this crucial conversation. For those who are already asking: there will be a possibility of volunteering at the event, but please give us the time to work through our current backlog of volunteer emails first…
- Watch the livestream – we will send out the link in time.
- Participate in the online discussions – while the forum at diem25.org is not ready yet (apologies…), members like you have created many places of discussion on Facebook, Reddit, Consider.it and blogs.
- Share the news about the event and prepare blog posts, videos, viral images and the like on the topic of transparency and democratic accountability, which we can distribute from March 23rd onwards. Let us make it impossible to ignore us!
- Support the event by making a donation: donations will be used to cover the cost of the event, including live streaming and simultaneous translations in order to open the conversation to the widest possible audience. If costs are covered, anything extra will be invested in DiEM25’s next events.
For any additional information, check out the “Democracy in Europe” event website or email us at email@example.com
We warmly thank you for your support, everyone can help!
We look forward to seeing you in Rome.
Do you want to be informed of DiEM25's actions? Sign up here