GNDE campaign for global climate strike: 9 – 19 March 2021
DiEM25 Green New Deal for Europe (GNDE) is spearheading a social media campaign.
The campaign has five core objectives:
- To raise awareness of the Green New Deal for Europe (GNDE) as the only credible plan that both identifies the current global problems and presents policy solutions to tackle them
- To develop a popular GNDE responding to citizens’ needs with concrete solutions, translating it according to how it relates to communities lives, and to issues that directly affect them
- To encourage people to join DiEM25 to help us push this agenda forward through collective action
- To create local DiEM25 Spontaneous Collectives (DSCs) or other grassroots groups to initiate climate activism
- To generate extensive social media visibility and viral presence and visits to the website and further detailed information, facts, and stories
How are we doing it?
Ten-day countdown: 9 – 18 March
We have developed social media messaging content and key messages relating to the GNDE as a whole and also to the 10 Pillars and related policies. Between 9 – 18 March we will be posting this content on the GNDE Twitter account, aiming for multiple posts a day, and using the campaign hashtags of #RealDeal and #GNDE, but also #NoMoreEmptyPromises which is the campaign hashtag for Fridays for Future.
Tweetstorm at the European Parliament: 19 March
To coincide with the Global Climate Strike on 19 March, and specific action being taken by the Fridays for Future movement, we will initiate a Tweetstorm on this day aimed at the European parliament Twitter account (@Europarl_EN). Based on the content used in the “Ten-day countdown”, we will turn our content into specific demands (related to the 10 Pillars of the GNDE) that the European Parliament would need to address to tackle these global issues. We will again use the hashtags of #RealDeal #GNDE and #NoMoreEmptyPromises .
How can you help?
You can share, like, retweet and comment in support of the campaign to bring the GNDE and encourage your networks and other potential influencers to get involved to do the same!
You can also generate your own original content out of our policy and spread the word about GNDE as the real deal. Just remember to add our hashtags #RealDeal #GNDE !
Thank you for your support.
Do you want to be informed of DiEM25's actions? Sign up here