We, the Democracy in Europe Movement, see things differently. We want to give the people of Europe a real alternative to the Establishment and the rising ‘nationalist international’; a progressive path to save Europe from itself.
That’s why this weekend we’ll be landing in Rome to set that alternative in motion, over three days of events and important announcements. And we invite you to be part of it!
Here’s what will be happening* (see below for specifics on timing and locations):
- On Friday, March 24 our co-founders Yanis Varoufakis and Lorenzo Marsili will hold a press conference, where they will make an important announcement on the international progressive alliance we are now building.
- On Saturday, March 25 we will take to the streets of Rome alongside other progressive groups, as part of the March For A Different Europe that we have co-organised.
- When the march concludes, we will hold an Open Assembly with our members and activists, to regroup before our main event.
- On the evening of Saturday, March 25, we will host “The Time Of Courage”, a gathering of Europe’s brightest progressive minds – like Podemos co-founder Juan Carlos Monedero and award-winning film director (and DiEM25 Advisor) Ken Loach – in a 1,000-seat theatre. Here we will launch our European New Deal – a set of ambitious economic proposals to save Europe from itself by transforming it – putting it to vote for our entire membership.
- On Sunday, March 26, we will participate in a pioneering cultural event in Rome’s MAXXI contemporary art museum, alongside some of the most interesting voices today in politics and art. Here we will launch DiEM Voice, an on-going art platform that will serve as an integral part of our movement’s future. We will also screen Ken Loach’s Palme d’Or and BAFTA-award winning movie “I, Daniel Blake”, which attacks the brutal austerity pushing millions of Europeans into hopelessness.
*If you’re interested in attending any or all the above events, mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a journalist and would like to explore the possibility of an interview with one of our spokespeople, mail email@example.com.
ROME, ITALY | March 24 – 26
- When: Friday, March 24 at 12:00.
- Where: Foreign Press Association, Via dell’Umiltà 83/C 00187 Roma, Italia.
- Contact: Annamaria de Paola (firstname.lastname@example.org).
March for a Different Europe
- When: Saturday, March 25 at 10:45.
- Where: We meet in front of Bar Kristal, in Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II 114. From there we will demonstrate all the way to the Colosseum!
- More information here.
Open Assembly of DiEM25 Members and DSCs
- When: Saturday, March 25 at 17:00.
- Where: Teatro Italia (first floor), Via Bari, 18, 00161 Roma, Italia.
- All welcome!
DiEM25’s European New Deal Launch (“The Times of Courage”)
When: Saturday, March 25 from 20:00 until 23:00.
Venue: Teatro Italia, Via Bari, 18, 00161 Roma, Italia.
Launch of DiEM VOICE
- When: Sunday, March 26 from 12:00 to 19:30.
- Venue: MAXXI (National Museum of the 21st Century), Via Guido Reni, 4/A, 00196 Roma, Italia.
- Tickets: Available at the museum premises. Cost: 5 EUR.
- Website: https://goo.gl/oU8lMw
Do you want to be informed of DiEM25's actions? Sign up here.