This Saturday, January 28, I’ll be in London with other DiEMers for the organisational launch of our movement in the UK. And we’d like you, as a DiEM25 member in the UK, to be there with us.
Brian Eno, Srećko Horvat and Elif Shafak will join me in welcoming you to a DiEM25 open meeting, which will take place from 10am to 1pm at Conway Hall in Central London.
Our goal is to trigger the process of formalising DiEM25’s presence in the UK. We need you there to help organise a grassroots force to shape our post-Brexit future, and cement a “Progressive International” to stand against the dangerous “Nationalist International” taking hold across the globe.
This is not a conference, nor an event where a group of speakers will deliver a one-way message. This is about turning into action the conversation we have been having in the UK over the past several months. This is an opportunity for you to get hands-on and voice your ideas, and work out how to take part in our movement as best you can.
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.
DiEM25 Co-founder and Coordinating Collective member
10-10.45 WHY DiEM25 UK?
- Welcoming speeches by members of DiEM25’s Coordinating Collective
- Purpose of the event: How to make DiEM25 operational throughout the UK
10.50-11.50 BUILDING ALLIANCES IN THE UK & BREXIT POLICY
Moderated open dialogue
12.00-13:00 ORGANISING ACROSS THE UK: ‘THE DAY AFTER’
- Short interventions by DiEM25 UK members who helped organise the event
- Amending the organisation’s name
- Commencing work on a Manifesto for a Democratic UK
- Commencing work on extending DiEM25’s economic and social agenda (the European Green New Deal) to the UK
- Building up DiEM25 UK across the UK
Do you want to be informed of DiEM25's actions? Sign up here