The basic principle of DiEM25 – and MeRA25′ of course – is our internal democratic processes. MeRA25′ electoral program was voted in favour by 97,73%!
Besides the vote on the program as a whole, there were five individual votes regarding the following fields:
- Conversion of medical and law schools to exclusively postgraduate schools, according to the US and Australian models, with students being obliged to complete another undergraduate program before joining the Medical or Law Schools, which was voted in favour by 87,59%
- The legalisation of marijuana and the creation of many small public health units that will anonymously provide heroin to anyone who asks for it, in a safe and hygienic environment, while at the same time strengthening rehabilitation centres for those who choose it, which was voted in favour by 94,14%
- The extraction and co-exploitation, together with problematic regimes and multinational corporations, of the hydrocarbon in the Eastern Mediterranean, the Aegean, the Cretan or the Ionian Sea, with the vote turning out NO by 87,08% in favour of Green Economy and geopolitical stability
- The agreement about the name of FYROM as Nothern Macedonia, which was voted in favour by 84,93%
- The abolishment of mandatory military service, which was voted in favour by 83,62%
Do you want to be informed of DiEM25's actions? Sign up here