Progressive Agenda for Europe
DiEM25 will develop common whitepapers for seven pillars:
1. Transparency: Introducing transparent government across Europe
2. Refugees and Migration
3. The European New Deal: Rationalising Europe’s economy
4. Labour: Labour, technology, employment and the distribution of income, beyond the capital-labour contract, basic income
5. Green Investment: Channelling large-scale investment funding to green energy and sustainable practices, securing Europe’s technological sovereignty
6. A European Constitution: Imagining a democratic pan-European constitution and the process that may lead to it
7. An Internet of People: Fostering a new age in technology: the personal networking era
Each whitepaper will be created with the input of all of DiEM25's members as well as a range of experts in the field.
The Whitepaper Process
Migration and Refugee Policy
Proposals were collected between mid-September and mid-December (read them here). Now waiting for the first draft, which should appear soon. After the first draft is out, you can send suggestions for improvements and additions to email@example.com.
Rationalising Europe’s economy
Proposals were collected between mid-September and mid-December (read them here). A summary of the first draft was published on February 9th, while more comments were being collected. Some of these now entered the first full draft. To join us in improving this draft, please read the instructions here.
Toward a Constituent Assembly
We’re now developing the framework for our “Constituent Assembly” paper — a roadmap for how we’ll draft the Constitutional pillar of our Progressive Agenda (which we plan to take to EU parliamentary election ballots in 2019!).
A draft of the framework document is available here. This draft is open for members’ feedback and then we will put it to a vote.
As ever, all DiEM25 members are invited to contribute to improving this framework. Send your suggestions by April 22 to Tommaso Visone and Marc Almagro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read the answers to the questionnaire and proposals received before the first draft, click here.